Full Time and Freelance Designer Cincinnati
Ideopia is a 25-year old Massive Idea Marketing Agency is hunting for a talented free-lance, or full-time designer(s). Work traditional advertising, a heap o’ interactive and web projects, geegaws for social media, and design for marketing automation.
Our goal is to make a creative hothouse environment based on collaboration, clear and honest communication, respect, pride in product without politics. When it comes to our work, we’re all in, so if you’re hunting for an easy, 9-5 "job," we won’t be your cup of tea.
This is going to be intense.
We seek a designer with massive ideas, but you’re still persnickety about execution. If people call you A*** that’s okay with us. Your repertoire includes print and digital design, branding, emails, web ads, infographics, web graphics, interactive apps, and materials for social media and tradeshow.
- Develop ideas that delight and surprise our clients, and blow our not-argyles off
- Nurture the ideas of others, and participate wildly in brainstorming (not ideation) session
- Bring new technologies and new ideas for our clients to the table without someone opening a job jacket. Find exciting resources you need to do innovative work…yourself
- Ensure that work is on-strategy, on-brand, and on time
- See your ideas through to execution and make sure the final result shines
- Making ideas that solve the problems of others makes you happy
- Intense curiosity about anything that touches on our field – technology, art, clowns, you name it
- Friendly, team oriented personality that enjoys collaboration
- Able to deal with feedback, even criticism, and the ability to dish it out, too
- 2 years minimum, 5 years maximum experience with an advertising, design, or web development firm
- A portfolio that shows off your thinking and imagination
- Expertise in the usual design software
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or CSS is a plus
- Experience with U/I and interface design
- Personal involvement with social media
Reasons not to apply
Blatant narcissism: "you’re gonna love my wall"
Working a fixed, 9-5 schedule is important to you
Intolerance of ideas, races, religions, sexual preferences that aren’t your own
Passive aggressive behavior and the inability to speak truth to power
This is a full-time salaried position that reports to creative director. Other duties as assigned.
Please send your resume and a pdf of your work (or URL to online portfolio) to Bill Abramovitz.
Submit materials to Bill Abramovitz.